OCOA SPOTLIGHT: Top Places to Visit in Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic
Hermanas, in the next part of our travel series, we're diving into the magical world of Rio San Juan in the Dominican Republic. This hidden gem is a place of wonder, where lush landscapes, pristine beaches, and vibrant culture come together to create an unforgettable experience. Whether you're an adventure seeker, a beach bum, or a nature enthusiast, Rio San Juan has something special to offer.
We spent an amazing time in Rio San Juan during our summer vacation this year. It was truly a gift for us to visit this beautiful part of nuestra tierra with our family. The first time all our kids experienced the beauty of our country together. We created many memories we will keep close to our hearts forever. We also did our first family photoshoot on the island. We’re truly excited to share how we #LiveTheOcoaLife in all the new pictures you see on our website.
Let's take a journey through some of the top places to visit in the northern coastal town of Rio San Juan.
- Laguna Gri-Gri: Take a boat tour through this stunning mangrove lagoon. You'll spot all sorts of wildlife and explore caves along the way. It's a real adventure!
- Playa Caleton: If you're a beach lover, this one's a must. It's a beautiful, secluded beach with crystal-clear waters, perfect for swimming and soaking up the sun.
- Playa Grande: Another fantastic beach, Playa Grande is known for its golden sands and big waves. It's a haven for surfers and a great place to catch a sunset.
- El Ponton: This hidden beach is only accessible by boat but truly worth the trip. It is known for its golden sands and tranquil waters. It's a perfect spot for some relaxation, sunbathing, and swimming.
(Our Co-Founder, Cory, pictured above #LivingTheOcoaLife)
- La Piscina Natural: A pristine natural pool surrounded by dramatic rock formations – it's pure magic! You will love soaking in the Caribbean's crystal-clear waters.
Be sure to watch our video recap on our Instagram. Don't forget to indulge in some local cuisine while you're there – fresh seafood is a must-try.
Stay tuned for the next spotlight in our travel series, hermanas. We will continue sharing more of our homeland. What other cities do you want to see us featuring next?
Are you looking for hydrating and moisturizing products to help you get started on your curly hair journey? Visit our shop to learn more.
Did you enjoy this blog post? We would love your feedback, leave a comment and be sure to check our previous blog posts.